We are 70% made of water, and we cannot survive without water for more than 3 to 4 days. Many vital organs of our body like lungs, kidneys, skin, brain, liver, etc. are heavily dependent on water for their normal and healthy functioning. Yet, many of us don’t drink sufficient water for various reasons like laziness or not liking the taste of water or not remembering to drink water.
When we don’t drink a sufficient amount of water, we are dehydrated, and health goes for a toss. We experience unhealthy skin, low energy levels, fatigue, weak digestion, and many other health issues. If health and fitness are our priority, drinking a sufficient amount of water should also become our priority because health and water are closely related.
What does Tollywood actress Rashmika Mandanna do for her fitness? She does many things. One thing we can learn from her is her healthy morning ritual, which involves drinking water. Morning ritual is a practice or group of practices a person does during morning time for health and peace.
So, how much water does she drink, and what’s her take on water? Rashmika Mandanna says – “I tend to drink a lot of water as soon as I wake up. It’s almost close to a litre of water. This is my morning ritual for health.” It’s amazing to note that Rashmika Mandanna drinks a whopping 1 litre of water immediately after waking up. She is not drinking water for 1 or 2 hours of waking up, but it’s right after she wakes up.
Why is this so? Are there any benefits to this practice?
13 reasons why we should drink a lot of water as soon as we wake up:
1. When we sleep for 6 to 8 hours, it’s a long period to go without water consumption. The body loses 1 litre of water during sleep, and this leads to dehydration. So, when we drink lots of water first thing after waking up, it restores our body to healthy levels of hydration.
2. Our body undergoes a repair mechanism during sleep, and toxins are released as part of this process. When we drink a lot of water first thing in the morning, it helps in flushing out all these toxins.
3. It improves skin health and makes our skin glow. Dehydration is one of the major factors that contribute to skin issues like wrinkles, deep pores, acne etc. This can be avoided by drinking lots of water.
4. It boosts the immune system. Immunity is very important to protect ourselves from seasonal flus and various infections.
5. It helps in drinking more water throughout the day by making us thirsty. When we start our day with water, our body automatically asks for more water throughout the day. So, if you are not able to drink a sufficient amount of water in a day, just take care of this first step, and the rest of the day will be taken care of by your body.
6. It promotes the health of all the important and vital systems of the body like the digestive system, excretory system, respiratory system etc.
7. It helps in the smooth movement of the bowels. Healthy bowel movement and excretion are very important for health.
8. It promotes weight loss by boosting your metabolic rate.
9. It helps you manage your food cravings better. Uncontrolled food craving is one of the major factors which cause obesity. When you drink a lot of water first thing in the morning, your stomach is full, and your food cravings reduce.
10. It increases your alertness. You stay more alert and active throughout the day by drinking lots of water first thing in the morning.
11. It promotes your hair health. Hair health depends on the amount of water you consume. When you kick start your day with lots of water, it gives a sufficient amount of water to your entire body, including the roots of your hair, and this promotes hair health.
12. It keeps you energetic and active.
13. It is a great way to start your day, and you are inspired to practice many other healthy practices throughout the day. A good start helps and inspires you to do more.
These are the thirteen benefits of drinking lots of water first thing in the morning. Below are some pointers to implement this practice in your daily life.
1. If you are just starting this practice, start with 1 or 2 glasses of water. Don’t start directly with 1 litre of water as it can be too much for your body. Start slowly and gradually increase the quantity of water.
2. Don’t consume cold water as it can become a shock to your body. Consume water, which is at room temperature.
3. You can also consume warm water. This is excellent for your body and amplifies the benefits.
4. Store water in a glass or steel bottle. Avoid plastic bottles as plastic is full of harmful chemicals, and these chemicals are absorbed into the water. We don’t want harmful chemicals to enter the body.
5. To further enhance the benefits, you can practice gratitude or say some positive affirmations while drinking water. Some positive affirmations you can say are
1. I am happy, healthy, strong.
2. I am super healthy.
3. I have perfect body weight.
4. I love my body.
5. I am grateful for my good health.
Starting the day with a big dose of water is a great way to start our day. And when you add positive affirmations or gratitude practice to it, it becomes much more beautiful. It becomes a mini morning ritual that keeps you in good health and high spirits. This is a simple practice but something that can make a great difference to your health and energy levels.
Not only Rashmika Mandanna but everyone who cares about their health and fitness start the day with this practice. So, want a glowing skin like Rashmika? A fit body like Rashmika? Then your first and most important step is to drink lots of water first thing in the morning.
Cheers to healthy living!