Aishwarya Rai is world-famous as one of the most beautiful women. She went through pregnancy and post-pregnancy phases, where she put on weight and was criticized by the media and public. She gave a stunning answer to all the critics by losing her post-pregnancy weight and returning to fitness. At 46 years of age, she continues to maintain her fitness and beauty irrespective of her personal and professional commitments. So, what makes her a timeless beauty? Is it all in her genes, or does she do something for her fitness?
Well, genes may bring beauty, but beauty still needs to be taken care of and maintained. Aishwarya follows certain principles to keep herself fit and healthy. Here are her fitness secrets.
1. Avoids junk food – Aishwarya strictly avoids junk food. She chooses vegetables, fruits, and juices to snack on when hungry. This is a great habit that brings several health benefits. Junk food is high in calories and poor in nutritional value. It causes not only obesity but also health problems. Vegetables, fruits, juices are high in nutrition and promote both health and fitness. They also improve skin health and boost immunity. So, if you desire to have fitness like Aishwarya Rai, cut down all junk foods from your diet and add healthy vegetables, fruits, and juices.
2. Portion control – She believes in eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of eating big meals at one go. Portion control offers several benefits as below.
1. It brings better digestion.
2. It helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
3. It keeps your energy levels high throughout the day.
4. It helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
Portion control makes a great difference to your health and fitness. Many of us overeat food in one go, and this makes weight loss challenging.
Below are some factors that cause overeating.
1. Eating refined foods like white rice, white flour – These foods do not provide the required nutrition to the body and, therefore, cannot give the satisfaction no matter how much you eat. Hence, we end up eating more than our body needs. Switch to whole grains and add lots of vegetables. Such foods packed with nutrients will satisfy the body quickly, and you cannot overeat in one go.
2. Fried and oily foods – These foods are addictive and are again poor in nutrition. Avoid these foods completely for good health.
3. Serving a large quantity of food on plate – Many of us use big plates and serve ourselves a large quantity of food. Because of this, we tend to overeat. Use a small plate and serve small quantities of food.
4. Not being aware – While eating, we are lost in conversations and are hardly aware of the signals from the stomach to stop eating. Build awareness to listen to your stomach while eating.
When these factors are addressed, overeating comes down, and portion control can be practiced easily.
3. Hydration – She drinks a lot of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Water is very important for the healthy functioning of the body. All the organs of the body depend on water for their normal functioning. So, drink lots of water to get that glowing skin or high energy levels. Carry your water bottle wherever you go and replenish yourself with lots of water. Drinking an abundant amount of water is important for health and fitness.
4. Never skips breakfast – Breakfast is an important meal of the day. Aishwarya makes it a point not to miss her breakfast, no matter how hectic her schedule is. When we skip breakfast, it reduces the body’s metabolism and makes weight loss difficult. It also makes a person groggy and irritated. So, eat a healthy breakfast made of whole grains and vegetables. This brings you high energy levels and gives a great start to your day.
5. Light dinner – She keeps her dinner light. Eating a heavy dinner is a strict no if you are aspiring for a fit body. It slows you down not only physically but also mentally. When you eat heavy foods during dinner, the body struggles to digest it, and it leads to poor digestion and a disturbed sleep. This brings down your energy levels the next day and makes you feel sluggish. So, keep your dinner light and finish it early. Close your dinner around Sunset. If not at Sunset, at least close it before 7 PM.
6. Stays happy – She believes in staying happy and keeping stress at bay. Stress leads to many issues like emotional eating, overeating, and poor health. A stressful life takes a heavy toll on the body, causing lifestyle diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid, arthritis etc. So, take a cue from this beauty queen and prioritize your happiness. Don’t let a day go by without experiencing happiness. Happiness boosts your immunity, motivates you to do better every day, and brings down your stress. Do things that make you joyful at least for 30 minutes per day. Keep a dedicated happiness time where you feel happy and fill your mind and body with this beautiful emotion of happiness.
7. Works out regularly – According to her, yoga is a great way to keep oneself fit and flexible. Even though she is naturally blessed with great looks, she makes it a point to exercise regularly in a variety of ways. As part of her workout routine, she jogs, brisk walks, does yoga, hits the gym, and dances. Exercise is a must to maintain our fitness and health. Choose any form of exercise and do it regularly. It’s easy to get bored with one form of exercise every day. So, add variety to prevent boredom.
These are some fitness secrets of Aishwarya Rai.
Whether we are in the glamour industry or not, it’s important to have a healthy and fit body because it’s a great joy to be healthy. The comfort and joy of the body can be experienced only in the state of perfect health. And our true potential comes out when we are healthy. So, take these lessons from Aishwarya Rai and implement them step by step in your life.
Wish you the best!