There are 6 categories in our life which we need to focus on and constantly improve for a happy life. All these 6 categories are inter-related to each other. When we make progress in one category, automatically, the other 5 categories also improve to a certain extent. Similarly, when we neglect any one category, the other 5 categories are also negatively affected to a certain extent. Last category of these 6 categories is lifestyle.
Lifestyle denotes the way in which a person lives life. It includes one’s dream home, vacation plans, dressing style, cars owned, comforts and luxuries in life, legacy, contribution to the world, and the amount of joy one has in day to day life. A good lifestyle is built on the success of all 5 categories. Success in one’s lifestyle implies leading a quality of life as per one’s dreams and wishes.
Having it all in all the other 5 categories but leading a poor-quality lifestyle does not bring joy. Hence, having a lifestyle in line with one’s dreams and desires is important. Our lifestyle makes everyday life rewarding and enriching.
Let us now create a plan to improve our lifestyle with the below 4 steps.
1. Create empowering beliefs: Your beliefs shape your reality. Your beliefs determine how your lifestyle can be. So, creating empowering beliefs is the first step on your journey. With negative beliefs in place, even the best of the plans fails because your own beliefs stop you from achieving the results. Ask yourself what your negative beliefs about lifestyle are and also be aware of your conversations and thoughts to find your negative, limiting beliefs. Once you find your negative beliefs, remove and replace them with positive, empowering beliefs.
Below are some examples of empowering beliefs about the lifestyle category which you can create in your life.
1. I choose my lifestyle.
2. All dreams are achievable.
3. I have all the resources to live the lifestyle I desire.
4. It is satisfying to lead a great lifestyle.
5. I have the freedom to create the lifestyle I desire.
6. I make a great contribution to the world.
2. Create a vision: Understand what you want to achieve in the lifestyle category. Understand your heart’s desires for this category. Don’t think whether achieving your goals is feasible or not. For a moment, think that you can achieve anything you want in your life and ask yourself questions like below
1. How does my ideal lifestyle look and feel like?
2. What are the luxuries and comforts I want to enjoy in my life?
3. How do I want my family members to lead their life?
4. Which places do I want to visit?
5. What new experiences of life do I want to create?
6. How do I want my home to be?
7. Which new books do I want to read this year?
8. How do I want to impact the world?
Take some time and find your answers to the above questions. Once you have your answers, write down your vision statement as if it already happened. A clear vision, which is written like it already happened, helps you in tuning your subconscious mind and achieving better results. Below are some examples of vision statements for the lifestyle category.
1. I enjoy my lifestyle.
2. I live in a home that makes me feel happy.
3. My life is full of rich and rewarding experiences.
4. I enjoy my life to the core.
5. I travel to new places and learn about new cultures.
6. I read books that help me expand my thinking.
7. I learn new things in life and grow.
8. I contribute to the world and make a meaningful impact.
3. Understand your purpose behind your vision: In this step, list down all your reasons why you want to work on your lifestyle category. Understand why you want to achieve what you want. The important point is that your reasons should excite and inspire you. You can list down some reasons like below, which resonate with you.
1. I love having a great lifestyle.
2. I want to provide well for my family.
3. I want to enjoy my life.
4. I want to fulfill all my dreams.
5. I love travelling.
6. I love spending time in nature.
7. I want to make the best possible use of my life.
Take some time and write down all the reasons why you want to work on your lifestyle category. The stronger your reasons are, the better will be your commitment to your vision.
4.Create your action plan: Any goal can be achieved only when it has a concrete action plan. Create a massive action plan that gives you outstanding results. Your plan should be such that you should be able to follow your action steps even when you are busy, and your days are packed. Your schedules should not become an excuse or obstacle in achieving your goals. Some examples of the action items you can plan to do for lifestyle category are as below
1. I will create my travel plan and schedule it.
2. I will create a plan to renovate my home as per my heart’s desire.
3. I will make enjoying my life a priority.
4. I will make my life interesting and exciting.
5. I will create a plan to make a meaningful contribution.
Write down all your action items and refer to this article “10 steps to achieve your goals”. This article will help you plan your action steps in such a way that you can practice them even on a busy day.
Once you have all these 4 steps in place, it becomes a cakewalk for you to achieve your goals. Many times, we randomly lead a type of lifestyle either because it’s in recent trends or because someone else suggested due to which eventually we end up living an unhappy lifestyle. It’s important to design our lifestyle based on what we enjoy and love doing.
So, take time and create these 4 steps for one of the most important aspects of your life – your lifestyle. Take action now and achieve what your heart desires.