We all know the story of Aladdin and Genie, where Genie says – “Master, what is your wish?” And whatever Aladdin asks, Genie fulfills it. What if you got a Genie by some stroke of luck, and Genie asks you this question– “what do you want?” Do you have an answer to this question? Some of us may think – “Genie is fictional. When Genie really comes, I will think about what I want. Now, let me focus on my task list.”
What if someone told you – you are your own Genie who can fulfill all your desires and wishes? What if they told you that you have all the power to make your dreams come true? Don’t believe these statements? Here is the proof – All the super successful people in life are their own genies who built their success. Most of them did not have any kind of support in life, and they started from a very basic level in life. Yet, they created tremendous success with their planning, smart work, and hard work. And all these people knew one thing very clearly before they became super successful – they knew what they wanted in life. Their clarity on what they want in life helped them find ways to make it a reality.
Knowing what you want is the first step on the road to success. Did you ever take time to think about what you want in life? What kind of lifestyle do you want to lead? What kind of body do you want to have? What kind of career do you want to create? Did you think of these questions?
Life has hundreds of choices, and sometimes, we are lost in these choices, not knowing which choice to make because we don’t know what we want from life. Many of us live our life busy, with day-to-day activities, other people’s demands and expectations, and little pleasures life offers. We are so busy that we don’t even think for a moment – “What is it that I want from life?”
Finding our answer to this question is important because our choices, actions, and the amount of happiness we can get in our life are based on this answer. We can achieve any dream, and we can get anything we want in life. This is neither a far-fetched thing nor a fantasy. It is very much possible and real to achieve anything you want. So, how do you achieve anything you want? The first step is to know what you want in life.
Then, you may ask – if achieving everything we desire is so easy, then why is it that many people are unable to fulfill their dreams and are unhappy in life? Below are some answers to this question.
8 questions to figure out what you want 8 reasons why dreams don’t come true
1. Some people never really take the time out to think about what they want in life. They live life as it happens and just keep wishing – wish I had a great body or wish I had a big home. These wishes are not dreams. They are just wishes that come and go randomly, and these people don’t try to do anything to make these wishes a reality.
2. Sometimes, people think they know what they want in life, but the question is – do they really know what they want?
3. For some people, their dreams don’t last long. Life has many choices, and their dreams change every day. Today, they want something, tomorrow something else, and after 2 days, they don’t even remember what their dream is.
4. Some people know what they want, but they don’t use the right strategies and tools to make their dreams a reality. For example, say someone wants to lose weight. If this person follows a diet that is not suitable for her body, it’s of no use even though this person is serious about losing weight. Usage of the right resources, tools, strategies is very important to fulfill our dreams.
5. Some people know what they want, but they are very busy in life completing day-to-day responsibilities and don’t take the time to work for their dreams.
6. Some people, even before they try, think they cannot achieve their dreams and give up.
7. When faced with any obstacles or challenges while fulfilling dreams, some people give up easily.
8. Some people give it all but carry wrong or limiting beliefs in the subconscious mind. These beliefs prevent our dreams from becoming a reality.
So, these are some reasons why people don’t achieve what they want in life. If you want to live a super successful life, the first step is to know what you want. Take some time out and reflect on the below questions. These questions will help you figure out what you want in your life.
8 Questions that help you figure out what you need in life:
1. If you achieve everything in life, what does your life look like? See it, feel it as if it really happened. Notice all the details of such a fulfilled life.
2. What do you want your body to look like?
3. How do you want your marriage to be?
4. What kind of lifestyle do you want to lead?
5. What kind of person do you want to be?
6. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?
7. How do you want your finances to be?
8. What kind of career do you want to pursue?
These are some questions that can help you discover what you truly want in life. You can dream about many things. Write down this list of things and keep this list in a place that you can see regularly. This will remind you about your dreams and helps you focus on your dreams. Whatever you focus on, there are high chances that you take action to make these dreams a reality.
Once you clearly know what you want, so many choices open in life. You can plan the kind of life you want. It’s very important to have crystal clear vision. Otherwise, you will wander aimlessly through life. Without a clear vision, you will be floating like a piece of driftwood wherever the tide of life happens to take you. So plan a vision for your life.
What is your life vision? What do you want in your life?
To explore more on how to figure out what you want, check out this great book.