Career is an important aspect of our life. It gives us value, purpose, and money. We all desire to grow to greater heights in our careers. We dream big about our career, work hard and give our best. Career is also one of the areas of our life, which gives us stress. Be it a difficult boss or too much of work or office politics – work drains energies for many people. By the time people reach home after a long day at the office, most people feel tired, frustrated, and stressed out. This also impacts relationships at home negatively. And for a working mother, it becomes all the more challenging while trying to balance career and motherhood.
Is there any tool that can reduce the stress at workplace? Can work-life be improved and enhanced? Yes. Answers lie in meditation. Many people think meditation does not offer great benefits to one’s career. It’s a misconception. Meditation offers several benefits in career growth.
Many CEOs of top-notch companies practice meditation before they start their day because they recognize the numerous benefits this simple tool offers.
Below are the 10 benefits of meditation for career growth.
1. Increased productivity: Productivity plays an important role to boost career growth. How fast you can achieve your goals determines your capability in the workplace. Can you fix the issues faster? Can you complete the tasks in less amount of time? Your answers to these questions determine your career growth.
When you meditate regularly, your ability to concentrate improves. Your intuition improves, and intuition is a great tool that helps in solving problems quickly. Your increased concentration power and intuition result in increased productivity.
Your productivity can increase by leaps and bounds when you meditate. This improved productivity helps you complete your tasks in less time and achieve more in the workplace.
2. Better leadership skills: Many people in organizations have expertise, but very few people become great leaders. Great leaders are those people who have mastery over their emotions, who can handle stress effectively and have patience in addition to expertise. In a workplace, not all things go as expected and planned. There will be last-minute changes in requirements. There will be unexpected failures. A great leader is one who can handle these challenging situations without stress and with patience.
These attributes of a great leader come naturally when one meditates regularly. So, when you meditate regularly, you become a great leader.
3. Ability to handle work-related stress: Stress is common in the workplace. There will be many issues and stressful situations one needs to handle at work. Those who learn how to handle stress grow better in their careers. Very few people can handle stress better in life.
When you meditate, your ability to handle stress improves and makes you a valuable asset in your team and organization. Meditation equips you to handle highly stressful jobs with ease. When you can handle your stress at the workplace efficiently, you don’t carry it home anymore, and your relationships with family members also improve.
4. Improved interpersonal skills: Relationships improve when you start meditating regularly. In the workplace, having good interpersonal skills with your boss and colleagues brings a lot of peace of mind and helps you perform better.
5. Increased creativity: When you meditate regularly, you tend to become more creative and innovative. Your intuition works better, and you find solutions to problems. You become a problem solver and add great value to your team. You always bubble with better ideas and better problem-solving skills. Organizations are always on the lookout for people who are innovative and creative. Being creative boosts your value in your organization.
6. Improved communication skills: Communication plays an important role in the workplace. Many of the issues in the workplace are due to ineffective communication and communication barriers. Your communication skills can make or break your career. When you meditate regularly, your ability to communicate better improves. You communicate with clarity and purpose. These improved communication skills help to boost career growth.
7. Increased recognition: Many people in the workplace crave recognition of their work because recognition gives them satisfaction and joy for the hard work invested in work. When you have all the above six attributes, you get more recognition in the workplace. Your workplace starts taking a note of you and values you better.
8. Better financial prospects: At the end of the day, we all work for money. Money is an important aspect of our life. All the above seven attributes translate into better career growth and better financial prospects. You earn more and do well financially. You also climb faster in your career ladder.
9. Career satisfaction: Work becomes monotonous and boring when you fail to see the purpose behind your work. Mondays feel dreadful, and every day in the workplace becomes tiring when you cannot see the purpose and big picture of your career. Meditation helps you find the meaning and purpose behind your work. It helps you experience the divinity in your career. Your work stops being monotonous and boring. Your work becomes purposeful and full of life for you. Your career satisfaction improves.
10. Better work-life balance: Career is only a part of your life, and you are bigger than your career. You have a personal life, hobbies, relationships, spirituality, and various other aspects of life. So, having a healthy work-life balance is important in life. Your enhanced mental capabilities due to meditation help you manage multiple aspects of your life better. With meditation, you tend to strike a good balance between your work and personal life. You understand your priorities better and give due importance to all the aspects of your life.
These are some of the benefits gained in a career due to the regular practice of meditation. Meditation enriches every aspect of your life – be it career, health, or relationships. It is one of the most transformational tools you can practice in your life. Don’t wait further to start your meditation journey.
To read more about meditation, check out this book on meditation. Start your meditation right today and reap the many benefits of meditation.