Habit is an action done by us without much thinking. They are done automatically, like our second nature. It does not need any motivation or reminder to perform a habit. Our habits drive many of our thoughts, emotions, words, and actions and our life is the sum-total of our habits. Great people have great habits, and ordinary people have ordinary habits. Habits play a crucial role in one’s success or failure in life. Today, let’s see some simple, atomic ten habits that can make a significant difference to your life, which are worth investing your time in.
10 small habits that can transform your life:
1. Start and end your day with gratitude: Gratitude is a positive vibration that helps us see a better perspective about life. It improves physical, emotional, and mental health and gives us inner strength to walk in tough situations. When you start and end your day with gratitude, gratitude goes into your subconscious mind, and after a while, gratitude becomes a strong force in your life and your second nature. List three things you are grateful for and send out your thank you.
2.Smile: Keep smiling because smiling has several benefits. Smiling reduces stress, builds relationships, enhances your body immunity, and makes you look attractive. Even an artificial smile is also beneficial to your body. So, don’t wait for a reason to smile. Just smile on all days and in all seasons for no reason.
3. Save at least 10% of your income: Having a good bank balance improves one’s self-esteem and confidence in life. This saved money comes to help in difficult times like recession or job loss or good times like buying a home or planning a vacation. Make it a habit to save at least 10% of your income every month. Over a period of time, this small amount of money becomes a substantial amount and gives you great confidence.
4. Spend 5 minutes every day planning your day: After your breakfast, instead of rushing into your day, take 5 minutes to plan your day. Think about what you want to accomplish and what are your priorities for the day. This small habit helps you in having a productive day where you accomplish your important tasks. In these 5 minutes, after your planning is done, you can also send gratitude and love to the entire day in advance. When you send positive energies, you receive positive energies.
5. Chew your food well: This small habit helps you absorb more nutrients from the food you are eating. You enjoy the food more and stay happy and healthy. When you chew your food well, you release a lot of saliva, which contains digestive enzymes, and these enzymes help in better digestion and better nutrient absorption. This habit also helps you consume the right quantity of food and thereby helps you in maintaining a healthy weight.
6.Appreciate yourself while looking in the mirror: While you look in the mirror to groom yourself, say positive things to yourself. Many of us are harsh to ourselves, and we keep saying negative things like – I am fat, I am lazy, I am not enough, etc. These negative things weaken our self-image and self-confidence. When we repeatedly say positive things to ourselves, we build our self-esteem, and this helps us in living life with confidence. Below are some positive things to tell ourselves while looking in the mirror.I love myself
I love myself
I am awesome
I am unique
My body is beautiful
I have infinite potential in me
I can achieve my goals
7. Choose a mantra as your buddy: Mantras have divine power in them packed in a few words. There are many many mantras in the world. Choose any mantra that resonates with you and make this mantra your buddy. When you are bored or stressed or tired or upset, just chant this mantra. This gives you relief and helps you come out of the negative mood. Some sample mantras you can choose are – Om, Om Mani Padme Hum, Rama, Om Namah Shivaya, etc. Chant this mantra while walking or cooking or just sitting idle doing nothing. This constant repetition helps you build a personal connection with the mantra, and mantra works for you amazingly in stressful times.
8. Stand up and take a short walk after every 30 minutes of sitting: Constant sitting is injurious to health and leads to several health issues in the long run. Keep an alarm and remind yourself to stand up and take a short walk after 30 minutes of sitting. You can take a short, gentle walk or do some stretching exercises or just fill your water bottle. This small break makes you more productive and healthier as well.
9.Drink water in the first 15 minutes of waking up: Make it a habit to drink plenty of water in the first 15 minutes of waking up. This hydrates your body and prepares it for the day. This simple habit helps to get rid of toxins from the body. You can keep some water in a copper bottle or copper jug the night before and drink this water after waking up. Make sure you are drinking room temperature water and not cold water from the refrigerator.
10.Appreciate: Everyone needs appreciation irrespective of their age, gender, country, profession. We all love to be appreciated when we do something good. Appreciate wholeheartedly and honestly all the people in your life whenever you feel they have done a good job or walked an extra mile to get a task done. This simple habit will make you more loveable and warmer. Appreciate your spouse, parents, children, maids, boss, colleagues, etc. People blossom when appreciated and tend to do much more good work in life when appreciated for their good tasks. That’s the power of appreciation. A tip for appreciation – Be specific in your appreciation. For example, if your child made a good painting, tell your child what you love about the painting. Your specific appreciation adds greater value.
These are the ten small atomic habits that you can incorporate into your life right today and reap great benefits. Success breeds success. The more you practice a habit, the better you become at it, and you reap many more benefits with passage of time. Make these ten small habits part of your life.
Wishing you and your family peace and love